Head of Product
Ezra’s mission is to radically accelerate the deployment of capital into climate solutions. We’re doing that by building a world class Venture Studio. We partner with Entrepreneurs in Residence to ideate, prototype, launch and scale “swing-for-the-fences” climate fintech companies.
Ezra Venture Studio is hiring our head of product to support all portfolio companies, companies in research, and the Studio itself. The ideal candidate thrives in the early stages of product ideation, experimentation and development, and is hungry to apply their product expertise to companies addressing climate change.
- Lead product research for “research stage” ventures at Ezra: this means partnering with Entrepreneurs In Residence to define early product vision, articulating the first experiments to conduct to move towards product/market fit, and making the “swing for the fences” case for how this venture could be transformative in its market.
- Partner with CEOs & Heads of Product at launched portfolio companies to support them on product strategy. This will include being an advocate for long-term thinking re: competitive differentiation as well as shorter-term process improvements to help startups be more customer-focused. In general, ventures will need the most strategic support as they prepare to first enter the market and navigate pivots.
- Partner with the principals at the Ezra Studio to improve our offering to ventures and overall strategic focus.
- You are an experienced product leader in fintech. You understand both the software- and financial-product development processes.
- You have taken something from a whiteboard idea to a major business line or company. More importantly: you love the early creative stages of a startup and the complexity of creating something from nothing.
- You have lead product development teams, and have managed/mentored senior product leaders.
- You are passionate about design, you are curious and empathetic, and you are comfortable advocating for design thinking within startups.
- You are passionate about climate change and are ambitious: the Ezra team is swinging for the fences, creating companies that are massively successful from both a financial and a climate impact perspective.
- You care about your personal development, want to work with low ego team members (and consider yourself low-ego as well), and don’t mind making fun of yourself every once in a while.
- Bonus: some level of technical depth in software engineering, economics or mathematics.
The team at Ezra believes that addressing climate change is a global effort that requires a team representative of the communities and markets we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other non-job-related factors. We value curiosity, passion, and open-mindedness, and believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission.
For referrals, if you help us find the right person who stays full time for 6 months, we will buy you a night to stay somewhere + dinner at your favorite restaurant at up to a $2000 budget for travel and accommodation.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org